The SMC4 is one of Ergon’s topline saddle with an extended level of comfortability. If you do lots of cycling in the mountains, then the SMC4 is definitely for you. Learn more in this Ergon SMC4 Saddle review.
Ergon SMC4 Saddle Review: An Overview
- Padding: Foam (gel options are also available)
- Cover: Microfiber cover.
- Saddle Rails: Chromoly rails.
- Clamp : Standard rail style.
- Weight: 10.56 Ounces.
Ergon SMC4 is so far Ergon’s one of the most comfortable saddles in their mountain bike series. Its orthopedic foam padding ensures your full comfort over all those bad terrains. The cushioning is thick enough and your butt will never touch the shell.
Talking about the construction, the saddle has a rugged nylon composite shell and Chromoly rail. Together they enable the saddle to be more storage but flexible at the same time. It also features a full relief channel which is 9 mm in deep. It effectively keeps your genital area safe and numb-free.
Moreover, there are three different models (normal, sports, and comp) and two different sizes. You are welcome to choose the rightmost SMC4 for you. Overall, it mountain bike saddle is a great comfort and performance saddle with the support build quality.
● Performance saddle with an aerodynamic shape and great cushioning.
● This saddle is enough wide and has even contact on the hip. Plus, it also offers a wider option.
● The 9mm deep effectively gives enhanced protection to the sensitive areas.
● It uses Ergon’s Y-Flex technology that makes the saddle wings more flexible and great for any terrain conditions.
● It doesn’t come with a mid-cut which might have made it more lighter.
● Not in the “lightweight” section.