A saddle is the single most crucial part of a bike. It’s what you sit on, and it can make or break your ride. WTB’s Silverado saddle is arguably its most recognizable model. Read the full Wtb Silverado Saddle Review to find out if it’s worth buying.
Wtb Silverado Saddle Review: An Overview
- Brand: WTB
- Color: Carbon / Black
- Dimensions LxWxH: 11.02 x 5.59 x 2.28 inches
- Material: Synthetic
- cover: Microfiber
- Fit type: Universal Fit
- Pad Type: Thin
- Sport Type: Cycling
- Construction: flex-tuned shell and DNA padding
The Silverado Saddle is extremely comfortable and features a lightweight, slim design that’s perfect for cyclists who enjoy the traditional style.
The saddle has an open channel design and a medium-width nose for support and control.
This saddle has a classic shape with a cutout to relieve pressure on soft tissue areas such as the perineum, coccyx, and genital area. Thanks to the long, tapered nose and flatter platform, which enables you to shift position quickly as you climb or descend.
Besides, the Silverado Saddle comes with a large cutout to accommodate your seat post clamp and give you plenty of fore/aft adjustment room.
The padding-to-weight ratio optimizes performance across all fields.
So, whether you’re commuting to work or cycling through your favorite mountain pass, the Silverado is up to the task.
Experience the Wtb Silverado Saddle firsthand, and you’ll understand why it’s a big deal.
What I like:
- The lightweight and slim design make it very fast.
- Extremely comfortable for long rides.
- It feels like you’re mostly sitting on your body instead of the saddle due to the high-density padding.
- The saddle isn’t too wide, so you don’t have to worry about feeling like you’re going to slide off the sides.
- The nose is also shorter than most saddles, which is helpful if you are a shorter rider.
- The microfiber cover is easy to clean after every ride.
What I don’t like:
- It has a saddle that is a little too flat for my taste.
- Cutout in the middle does not offer enough relief.
- Riding a racing saddle will require some getting used to.
FAQ of Wtb Silverado Saddle
Will this seat fit on a Easton EC 90 carbon post?
WTB Titanium rails use a round 7mm rail (pretty standard), so there should not be an issue. Though it may be worth checking with the seatpost manufacturer as to the compatibility of the post itself.