Having a comfortable sitting experience is what every rider seeks. Selle Italia SLR saddles are quite popular among riders nowadays for their comfortability. But are they really worth it? Well, the Selle Italia SLR saddle review may help you find the answer. Read more.
Selle italia SLR saddle review: An overview
- Shell: Carbon fiber (30%)
- Cover: Fibra-Tek Leather
- Padding: EVA
- Saddle Rails: Titanium 316
- Dimensions : 12 x 8 x 3 inches
- weight: 7.05 ounce or 200 grams
Selle Italia SLR Superflow Saddle is one of the lightest saddles from Selle Italia, weighing only 200 grams. Still, the saddle seems pretty durable and provides great support.
Also, thanks to the carbon fiber shell, Fibra-Tek cover, and EVA padding that may help you to enjoy the next level of experience while riding.
The saddle comes with a classic Selle Italia SLR design which has been a favorite to many professional riders. There is also a cut-out in the center, and the nose is long enough to allow your legs to swing well.
Overall, the Selle Italia SLR Superflow Saddle can be a great solution for people looking for a lightweight option. The sitting area also offers enough room to sit. Its lightweight design may not suit overweight riders; other than that, it’s worth your money.
FAQs of Selle italia SLR Super flow Ttub saddle
What’s the rider weight limit for this saddle with the hallow titanium rails?
Answer: I seem to recall it was around 250 lbs, but I am not 100% sure. I mounted the seat and rode 103 miles the next day without any problems. Now, after a few months of riding the saddle, it’s broken in and feels really great. A friend and I rode 113 miles this past weekend and I had no soreness, leg cramps, rash irritations, etc.. – nothing. My point, it gets better after a month or so of riding.
Do i need a special seatpost?
Answer: No, it‘s a standard width. You may want to adjust the angle for your needs. The seat has rails that the seat clamps attach to. This allows the adjustment of the seat position forward or back. Hope this helps
Is Selle italia SLR saddle the 1, 2 or 3 model?
Answer: Selle italia SLR Superflow saddle is the small or narrower model
is this superflow 130 or 145 ?
Answer: It comes in both sizes. Look at the part number, you will see a 130 or 145.
Like & Don’t Like About Selle italia SLR Ttub saddle
What I like:
● The cutout is perfectly placed and designed, so the rider feels comfortable and does not get any push-up from the ridge.
● It has large saddle rails, which makes it best to seat for people with large thighs.
● The Fibra-Tek leather cover is moisture-wicking and easy to clean.
● The saddle is puncture-resistant, which ensures a longer lifetime.
What I don’t like:
● Though the pad is quite thick and provides seating comfort, the absence of enough cushioning may give some people an uncomfortable feeling.
● The price of the saddle could be a little higher considering what others are offering.